(Effective Date: May 19, 2011)
2. The Information We Collect and How We Use It
A. Information Supplied by Visitors
B. Other Information We Collect
3. Use of Your Contact Information and Other Information by Other Websites in the Network
4. Our Disclosure of Your Contact Information and Other Information
A. Business Transfers
C. Other Disclosures
5. Updating Our Records
6. External Links
7. Data Collected in Connection with Ad Serving
8. Public Postings
11. Third Party Personal Data
12. Other Terms and Conditions
13. Contacting the Site
2. The Information We Collect and How We Use It The information we collect falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by users of the Site when they register with the Site, respond to Mood24/7 text messages, post comments, respond to surveys or questionnaires, enter promotional contests, make entries in treatment diaries, make use of an assessment tool, and the like; and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site and review our text messages and other email messages. Third parties featured on or linked to by our Site, such as advertisers of products and services offered through the Site, may be gathering information, as well, through processes we don’t control.
A. Information Supplied by Visitors: You are welcome to visit the Site without registering to view articles and other content. However, to participate in the Mood 247 service, you must register. When you register, we may ask you to provide certain contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and cellular telephone number (collectively, “Contact Information”). We may request similar Contact Information when you participate in a survey or poll, respond to a questionnaire or quiz, or sign up for any of the other services available on the Site. By completing the registration process on the Site, you establish an account with us (an "Account") and you represent that the information you provide in the registration process is accurate and current. Once you provide us Contact Information, you are no longer anonymous to us. We may use your Contact Information to contact you, for example, when we send you an email newsletter, a direct mail advertisement or offer, a treatment reminder, or an alert that you’ve requested. When you register for and participate in the Mood 247 service as a user, you will receive and respond to daily text messages. Your responses to these messages (the “Response Data”) will be stored on the Site and associated with your Account so that you may view them when you log in to the Site. As set forth in our User Agreement, you may grant other individuals (“Viewers”) the right to view your Response Data on the Site by following the instructions when you register. Please be very careful in choosing to whom you give Viewer rights as they will be able to see your Response Data (but not modify it in any way). You do not have to give anyone Viewer rights and should only do so if you trust that person with your Response Data. You may terminate a Viewer’s right to view your Response Data at any time by clicking on your Trusted Circle tab on the Site and deleting them from your list of authorized Viewers. Subject to Section 5, we will not disclose your Response Data in personally identifiable form to third parties, without your prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose aggregate, anonymized Response Data to third parties without your consent for research or other purposes. When you register with our Site, sign up for a service, or otherwise interact with the Site, we may ask you to provide demographic information (such as your ZIP code, age, gender, and income level), health-related information (such as height, weight, age, gender, family characteristics, health-related interests, treatment experience, prescription drug information, etc., as well as information about the kinds of healthcare providers you’ve consulted and how your health services are paid for), and other information relating to your use of the Site (such as a username and password). We may use the demographic and health-related information you provide to improve our Site and the services we offer and to tailor the advertising displayed on our Site to the interests of individual users to increase the likelihood that our users will find these ads useful and informative. We may also share this information with third parties, solely on an anonymous, aggregate basis, to establish for the value of our audience. We may associate any demographic or health-related information you voluntarily provide with your Contact Information so that we can send you email messages about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, provided that you have not previously opted-out of receiving such messages. Our advertisers and other sponsors may ask us to display offer forms on the Site on their behalf. These forms are labeled as advertisements or identify the advertiser or other sponsor that is making the offer and may ask you to provide Contact Information, demographic information, health-related information, and other information. As will be apparent from the web page on which the form is displayed, we submit the information you provide on such forms directly to the advertiser or other sponsor identified on the form and we retain a copy of such information only for as long as is necessary to establish to the satisfaction of the advertiser or sponsor the value we have provided.
A. Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Contact Information, Response Data and other information that we have associated with Contact Information may be part of the transferred assets.
B. Vendors: HealthCentral, like many businesses, sometimes contracts with other companies to perform certain business-related functions. For example, we may use third party companies to provide email and direct mail services, database research and maintenance, payment processing, and other services. If you have registered with the Site, we may share your Contact Information, Response Data and other information that we have associated with your Contact Information, as necessary or desirable for the third party to provide such services for us. Those third parties have contractually committed not to disclose any such information or use any such information for any other purpose.
6. Updating Your Records / Terminating Your Account: If your Contact Information changes, if you wish to terminate your Account, you may correct, update, or terminate your Account by logging onto the Site and clicking the “Account Settings” tab in the upper righthand corner of any page and following the instructions. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. External Links: To provide users with greater value, we may provide links to various third party websites. However, we do not control the privacy practices or the content of the sites to which we link, nor can we guarantee the products or services you may obtain through such sites. These links to third party websites are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. That said, we are always seeking to improve our Site and would appreciate any comments you might have on any website to which we link. Please email us at email@example.com.
8. Public Postings: If you post information to any area of the Site that may be accessed by other users (such as information you place in your user profile, post in a comment on a blog, message board, or chatroom, or include in a SharePost), bear in mind that such information can be viewed by anyone with an Internet connection. Please think carefully before disclosing Contact Information or any personal information in any of these public areas. Such information is not private; HealthCentral is free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such information to others without limitation or attribution. Any information you disclose may be used by third parties we don’t control. For example, if you disclose your Contact Information in any of these public areas, it may be used by third parties to send you unsolicited advertisements or other messages. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit in these forums.
9. Security: Information we gather on our website is stored within HealthCentral-controlled databases (or databases hosted on our behalf) on servers maintained in protected environments. However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us by text message or over the Internet.
10. Choice/Opt-Out: We provide you the opportunity to “opt out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, when you register for the Site, if you do not wish to receive any promotional material from the Site, you can opt-out on our registration page. You can opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the opt-out instructions contained in each commercial email message you receive from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opt-out requests are generally processed within five business days. Please be aware that even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from HealthCentral, you may continue to receive the occasional messages we send to registered users concerning the Site. The only way to opt out of receiving such relationship messages is to terminate your Account.
11. Third Party Personal Data: At times, we may ask you for Contact Information relating to third parties. For example, if you ask us to email content to a friend using our “Email This Page to a Friend” tool, we’ll ask you for your friend’s email address. HealthCentral stores this information for the purpose of emailing the content you’ve asked us to send. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
The HealthCentral Network, Inc.
2300 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22201